Duties and Responsibilities:
• Unload freight from common carriers and the Keystone truck as needed.
• Double check pulled inventory to invoices
• Load truck so that it is organized and safe from damage
• Verify that charge tickets are finalized and C.O.D.’s are on pick tickets
• Deliver products to customers
• Have customer sign and place invoice and product where the customer specifies
• Check with customer to see if there are any returns; write up a return goods slip and have the customer sign it
• Be friendly and courteous but mindful not to take too much of customer’s time
• Write down customer product orders, if asked
• Inventory return paperwork goes to front office. Return items not damaged, will go back into stock. Notify the appropriate person of a damaged or defective item.
• It is the driver’s responsibility to list how and where the item is damaged or defective.
• Any product delivered out on a cash pick ticket, take money and ticket to an inside sales person to be finalized
• Complete Rapid Match readings when needed
When not on route:
• Pull inventory for orders on next route
• Special deliveries when needed
• Report any truck problems to the operations manager
Check shipment against packing slips
Turn packing slips into the purchasing agent
Keep warehouse organized and clean
• Participate in company meetings, initiatives as appropriate.
• Represent the Company to the community in a positive manner, consistent with its marketing and customer goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to work with others
• Good organizational skills, ability to complete tasks in a given time frame
• Be flexible: ability to change routes if needed
• Must pass a drug test to be considered for employment and will be subject to future random drug testing.
• Be able to lift and carry 70 lb., large bulky items such as windshields, fenders, 5 gal. pails, etc
• Be able to operate warehouse equipment such as pallet jack, forklift, barrel cart, 2 wheel cart, etc.
• Will be exposed to different weather conditions: heat, cold, humidity or wind